Chicken Tortilla Soup
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
* 1/2 medium red bell pepper
* 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2 cups frozen corn
* 1/2 cup Mexican Beer
* 2 teaspoons cumin
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
* 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
* 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
* Fried strips of tortillas (make em crispy) or buy them
* Queso Fresco
* 1 avocado chunks
* fresh squeezed lime juice
1. Sauté onion, garlic, jalapeño and red pepper with olive oil in a large pot until soft.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
3. After about 15 minutes, remove the chicken breasts and shred.
4. (Two forks work well to pull the chicken apart!).
5. Return shredded chicken to the pot and simmer an additional 45 minutes.
6. Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips and other stuff if desired.
Submitted by: Pete on April 22, 2010, 8:54 pm
This recipe is included in 4
Share this recipe:
Share Chicken Tortilla Soup on Facebook() Share Chicken Tortilla Soup on Google