Pete's Submitted Recipes«
Page 138 of 178 »
Southwest chicken with chipotle cream sauce
1 whole chicken
3/4 cup milk
3 canned chipotle chiles
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
8 ounces queso cheese, or other Mexican melting cheese
Minced chipotle chile (to garnish; optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish, and place in preheated oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine milk, canned chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Heat butter and flour in a large skillet and blend until smooth; add pureed mixture, heavy cream and sour cream, whisking until smooth. Stir in chipotle puree, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; remove from heat.
4. After chicken has baked 25 minutes, remove from oven and drain any fat. Pour chipotle cream over chicken and top with grated queso cheese. Replace chicken in oven and bake for about 20 minutes more, or until cheese just starts to brown.
5. Remove from oven and serve with extra sauce spooned over chicken and garnished with minced chipotle chiles, if desired.
Submitted by: Pete on June 2, 2014, 6:24 pm
This recipe is included in 1
Share this recipe:
Share Southwest chicken with chipotle cream sauce on Facebook() Share Southwest chicken with chipotle cream sauce on Google