Peanut Butter Cup and Snickers Crunch Brownies
1/2 cup butter
8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
1-1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanuts, toasted
1/2 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
1/2 cup Snickers, chopped
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1-1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 9-inch baking pan with foil and lightly spray with
nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in the top half of a double boiler set over hot water on medium heat,
stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla.
Gently fold in the flour and salt. By hand, stir enough to emulsify the batter and bring it together
but do not overbeat or your brownies will be cakey rather than fudgy if too much air is whipped into
4. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a knife. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until
a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
5. Remove brownies from the oven and sprinkle the top with the peanuts, chopped peanut butter cups
and chopped Snickers. Return to the oven and bake for 3-5 additional minutes.
6. While the brownies are finishing up in the oven, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and
butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies until evenly coated.
Remove the brownies from the oven and pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over top. Spread
to cover evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting into 24 squares. Share.